Saturday, January 19, 2008

Book Review



So on the list of books I've set myself to read I have just finished The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield.


When I started reading it I thought the book was a bit pompous. I mean for heavens sake who starts and opening pharagraph with this" Through the glass in the door it cast a foolscap rectangle of paleness onto the wet pavement "
That's just showing off how good your prose is. But by the end of the first chapter I was hooked. Although at the back of my mind the book kept on reminding me of another one I read about a mad aunt that destroyed the family Estate. For the live of me I cant remember this books name. LOL. But it's the same style of writing. Almost
All in all it was a good read, but certainly not a book that stayes with me. Unlike Kite Runner.It is a very personal choice whether you like this book or not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're reading a lot hey! Wish I had the time.

Add to Technorati Favorites
Sorted bru, tagged by Amatomu.com