Thursday, February 28, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

Heroine February 28, 2008
Filed under: Wordpress — --Deb @ 1:32 am

Who is your favorite female lead character? And why? (And yes, of course, you can name more than one . . . I always have trouble narrowing down these things to one name, why should I force you to?)

I dont think I really have a favourite from the fiction I have read lately. I always like the women in Anne Tyler's books- not beacuse they are particularly strong- but because they are mothers,lovers, fighters, bitches,friends - human in other words.


Now I can still remember vividly my favourite children's book Heroine. It has to be Kobie from the Maasdorp series by Stella Blakemore. It is a uniquely South African storie about girls in a Girl's only school. Kobie was the naughtiest,but also the most personable.It's written in Afrikaans though- and I'm not sure if they have ever translated it.

4 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I have not read either although I plan to read Tyler soon.

Here is my BTT post

Chrisbookarama said...

I haven't heard of it either but it sounds interesting.

trish said...

Hmm...haven't heard of your choices either. I have heard of Tyler, just haven't read her.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Haven't read any; I've always been kind of leery of Tyler. She seems a bit too literary for me.

Add to Technorati Favorites
Sorted bru, tagged by Amatomu.com