Friday, June 20, 2008

Four Foods on Friday

Four Foods On Friday #34 questions
You know after a weekend away and not having a FFOF round up to do I completely slipped my mind I hadn’t written any questions for this week. Oops! I’m so sorry about that. A couple of you emailed asking about FFOF today and I thank you for that. I’m putting up a really easy set of questions for this week. If anyone wants to answer them that’s great and if not I totally understand since it’s so last minute. Either way, business as usual will resume next week. So, here’s my questions for this week.
1. What is one food that is grown, produced or made near where you live.
Mielies,Maize, Corn- whatever you want to call it- it is a SA favorite- and increasingly being used for bio-fuel.

2. What is one food from another location that you haven’t had anything like anywhere else
Uhhm- believe it or not- the sushi from Investec(rival bank and building across the road from my possie) - I'm yet to find a sushi chef as good as that!

3. What is your favorite food from somewhere else?
The really good italian icecreams in Germany- sometimes you have them for breakfast- that's how good they are!!

4. Share a family, ethnic or international recipe.
Waterblommetjie bredie
Waterblommetjies is a water flower grown in the Cape region.
You make the most delish stew with it , with mutton.
Basically it's just mutton,onion,waterblommetjies and some pepper and lemon juice. Of course the obligatory stockcube
Brown meat and onion.
Chuck all in pot, let stew for 2-3 hours. Serve with rice. Delish!!

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites
Sorted bru, tagged by Amatomu.com