Thursday, July 10, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

Doomsday July 10, 2008
Filed under: Wordpress — --Deb @ 1:56 am

One of my favorite bookstores burned down last weekend, and while I only got to visit there while I was on vacation, it made me stop and think.
What would you do if, all of a sudden, your favorite source of books was unavailable?
Whether it’s a local book shop, your town library, or an internet shop … what would you do if, suddenly, they were out of business? Devastatingly, and with no warning? Where would you go for books instead? What would you do? If it was a local business you would try to help out the owners? Would you just calmly start buying from some other store? Visit the library in the next town instead? Would it be devastating? Or just a blip in your reading habit?



Since I source my books from various places-bookstores,more than one internet shop and friends it would be just a blip on my reading habit. I would just move on to the next book provider.

2 comments:

The Kool-Aid Mom said...

Wow, short and COLD! You wouldn't even sniffle for a second if the local store and all the books inside went up in a fireball? :-)

SmilingSally said...

I pretty much agree.

Add to Technorati Favorites
Sorted bru, tagged by Amatomu.com